This book was never reviewed by AudioFile Magazine, but here’s what Books-on-Tape had to say: From 1914 to 1916, Ernest Shackleton and his men survived the wreck of their ship ENDURANCE, crushed in the Antarctic ice, stranded twelve hundred miles from civilization with no means of communication and no hope for rescue. When the ice […]
About SimonSimon is an actor who found his way into audiobook narrating as a side-gig and seems to have made a success of it. With some training as an actor as a child (just a couple of hours a week, but it stuck) and 15 years working inside the BBC (ending up as one of the presenters/newsreaders on BBC Radio 4 in London) he found the ideal combination for an audiobook narrator. Found his way to California two decades ago and never left.
From AudioFile Magazine:Robert Whitfield superbly performs this exciting spy novel whose action takes place in post-Cold War Europe. The plot centers around a woman’s expedition to destroy an ex-East German secret police official who years ago murdered her lover, a young agent. But on an even more interesting level, the book portrays the struggle of […]
From AudioFile Magazine:H.G. Wells’s tale of the end of the world as we know it is an entertaining fable, in which lawyers and politicians battle giant animals and giant humans before an inevitable military confrontation. Robert Whitfield gives a merry air to the adventure, creating just the right attitudes for each of the many characters […]
From AudioFile Magazine:Why do we never tire of Dickens? Isn’t it because of his characters and their crazy worlds? Science fiction was never so strange! Reader Robert Whitfield catches this zaniness and infects us with it. Whitfield is at once the delicate and sensitive heroine, Little Dorrit, as she humors the illusions of her father; […]
From AudioFile Magazine: The world’s best-known vampire story comes to life in this expert performance by Robert Whitfield. No music, no special audio tricks detract from the chilling, gruesome tale of the un-dead. Whitfield’s minimalist narration suits perfectly. His subtle shading of voice gives complete personality and motivation to each of the eight protagonists, with […]
- Beast by Paul Kingsnorth March 9, 2018
- The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame November 30, 2017
- The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly November 19, 2017
- It’s going to be a whimper, not a bang – sorry! November 18, 2017
- It’s Good to Cry November 17, 2017
- Rebecca: I am a huge fan!!!! Thank you for your work!...
- Martin: Generally very well narrated, especially for Mike...
- Daniel Bub: Dear Mr Vance, I very much enjoy listening to you...
- Tom Weisrock: Mr. Vance, If it still exists anyway - the New Yo...
- Nicolette Taylor: This series comes alive with Mr. Vance’s narrati...