From the Publisher:
In a society based on trade, where everything can be bought and sold, the future rests on the secrets of a single document-and the lives of two children whose destiny it is to discover its secrets. In this spellbinding novel, newcomer David Whitley has imagined a nation at a crossroads: misshaped by materialism and facing a choice about its future. He has brought to life two children who will test the nation’s values-and crafted a spellbinding adventure story that will keep readers turning the pages until the very end.
For readers who love Philip Pullman, THE MIDNIGHT CHARTER combines great storytelling with a compelling vision – a many layered adventure with powerful and timely implications.
From AudioFile Magazine:
Young readers who enjoy tales of mystery and fantasy will find much to admire in Whitley’s story, which follows the fortunes of Lily and Mark as they struggle to survive in the isolated city-state of Agora. While the two seem to be on different paths—Lily is devoted to service while Mark strives for personal power—a dark prophecy known only by a powerful few binds them together. Simon Vance’s thoughtful, unrushed narration is the perfect foil for the book’s brooding atmosphere. Vance is a master narrator who brings characters of every type to life. M.L.K. 2010 Audies Finalist © AudioFile 2010
The Midnight Charter by David Whitley
From the Publisher:
About SimonSimon is an actor who found his way into audiobook narrating as a side-gig and seems to have made a success of it. With some training as an actor as a child (just a couple of hours a week, but it stuck) and 15 years working inside the BBC (ending up as one of the presenters/newsreaders on BBC Radio 4 in London) he found the ideal combination for an audiobook narrator. Found his way to California two decades ago and never left.
Sign up for the Mailing List
Sign up to get the latest posts right into your inbox. Enter your email below and confirm and you'll be set.
- Beast by Paul Kingsnorth March 9, 2018
- The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame November 30, 2017
- The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly November 19, 2017
- It’s going to be a whimper, not a bang – sorry! November 18, 2017
- It’s Good to Cry November 17, 2017
- Nicolette Taylor: This series comes alive with Mr. Vance’s narrati...
- steve: I've been waiting for my preorder of The Burning ...
- Trish Kuleto: Dear, Mr. Vance, I listen to all the Ruth Downie ...
- Julie: I love your audio books and going to sleep at nigh...
- Nick: Simon, I am on my 4th book of the Dune series. ...