From the Publisher:
In a society based on trade, where everything can be bought and sold, the future rests on the secrets of a single document-and the lives of two children whose destiny it is to discover its secrets. In this spellbinding novel, newcomer David Whitley has imagined a nation at a crossroads: misshaped by materialism and facing a choice about its future. He has brought to life two children who will test the nation’s values-and crafted a spellbinding adventure story that will keep readers turning the pages until the very end.
For readers who love Philip Pullman, THE MIDNIGHT CHARTER combines great storytelling with a compelling vision – a many layered adventure with powerful and timely implications.
From AudioFile Magazine:
Young readers who enjoy tales of mystery and fantasy will find much to admire in Whitley’s story, which follows the fortunes of Lily and Mark as they struggle to survive in the isolated city-state of Agora. While the two seem to be on different paths—Lily is devoted to service while Mark strives for personal power—a dark prophecy known only by a powerful few binds them together. Simon Vance’s thoughtful, unrushed narration is the perfect foil for the book’s brooding atmosphere. Vance is a master narrator who brings characters of every type to life. M.L.K. 2010 Audies Finalist © AudioFile 2010
The Midnight Charter by David Whitley
From the Publisher:
About SimonSimon is an actor who found his way into audiobook narrating as a side-gig and seems to have made a success of it. With some training as an actor as a child (just a couple of hours a week, but it stuck) and 15 years working inside the BBC (ending up as one of the presenters/newsreaders on BBC Radio 4 in London) he found the ideal combination for an audiobook narrator. Found his way to California two decades ago and never left.
Sign up for the Mailing List
Sign up to get the latest posts right into your inbox. Enter your email below and confirm and you'll be set.
- Eaters of the Dead by Michael Crichton February 22, 2015
- The Independent (UK) May 8th, 2014 May 13, 2014
- Slate.com – March 17th, 2014 March 30, 2014
- New York Times Sunday Review – Feb 23rd, 2014 February 24, 2014
- Memnoch The Devil by Anne Rice February 17, 2014
- Teri: Simon, I just listened to "Our Mutual Friend,...
- Mojtaba: Hi simon I am a big fan of you and I can say that...
- f weeks: My warmest thanks to you for your perfect narratio...
- Anders: Hi Simon! I recently started listening to your nar...
- Anita Crouch: Simon Vance, you are fabulous!!! What a gift to us...