From AudioFile Magazine: Simon Vance is an ideal performer for this tightly plotted and beautifully made story about a French family whose stress fractures have widened into chasms. Antoine Rey still loves his wife, who has left him for a younger man. His beautiful sister, Melanie, is turning 40 alone after a romantic breakup. On […]
Recorded June/July 2010 for release in August 2010 – Tantor Audio From the Publisher: When Finn, a former British spy, is poisoned by a Russian assassin, his ex-boss Adrian, the chief of MI6, wants vengeance. He also wants answers—information that only Finn’s widow knows. But Anna, a former KGB colonel who betrayed her country for […]
From AudioFile Magazine: Simon Vance and Stieg Larsson are to blame for an exhausting 10 days in which I spent every spare daytime moment and most of each night listening to Lisbeth Salander outwit Swedish bad guys. Though I am groggy, I am grateful. This is a terrific finale to the worldwide bestselling Swedish series […]
Read by Mark Bramhall, Kirby Heyborne, Lincoln Hoppe, Simon Vance From AudioFile Magazine: Each of the stories in Kazuo Ishiguro’s first collection is told by a musician, and each explores the theme of music’s idealism and life’s harsh reality. This production uses four narrators to great effect: Mark Bramhall reads the first and last stories, […]
From AudioFile Magazine: Simon Vance’s performance will leave listeners breathless in the fifth episode of Peter May’s China series. Vance brings his superior narrating skills to May’s police procedural starring the detective team of Li Yan, chief of the Beijing Municipal Police, and Margaret Campbell, a forensic pathologist who is Li Yan’s American fiancée. China’s […]
From AudioFile Magazine:If you’re in the mood for a heart-pounding morality tale, this is the book for you. This seventeenth-century classic has survived all these years for many reasons, not least of which is that it portrays Satan as a sympathetic hero. Narrator Simon Vance is equipped with a forceful British accent, which he uses […]
- Beast by Paul Kingsnorth March 9, 2018
- The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame November 30, 2017
- The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly November 19, 2017
- It’s going to be a whimper, not a bang – sorry! November 18, 2017
- It’s Good to Cry November 17, 2017
- Jaime: Hello Simon, I just wanted to let you know how mu...
- Yak: Thirded. Simon Vance provided the best reading of ...
- Parker: Mr. Vance, I love listening to you! Your British a...
- Go Ear: I just finished this. It was tremendous. I thoro...
- Elliot Birt: Dear Mr Vance I hope this comment finds you well...