From AudioFile magazine:At 34 hours in length, this is quite a tome, but there’s no one better qualified than Simon Vance to lead us through this audio journey. He parses the author’s long sentences well, pausing sufficiently to make the details easy to follow while still maintaining a quick enough pace to keep the story […]
From AudioFile Magazine:Imriel was once a pirates’ slave. It’s no wonder that he’s sometimes unpredictable and seemingly lost in a dark place—but he’s always loyal to the few he calls friends. During his sojourns, he studies at university and then travels to a friend’s wedding, ending up in a city under siege. There he fights […]
From AudioFile Magazine:Set in medieval Germany, this much-lauded 1930 novel contrasts its hero, the mercurial wandering artist Goldmund, with his great friend, Narcissus, an Apollonian intellectual and priest. The former meanders through medieval Germany, womanizing and striving to discover the meaning of his wayward life, while the latter dedicates his life to science and contemplation. […]
From AudioFile magazine:Fair warning: Once begun, you will not be able to stop listening to this audiobook. So prepare to spend a lot of sleepless time with fabulous narrator Simon Vance and amazing Swedish writer Stieg Larsson. This sequel to Larsson’s critically acclaimed bestseller, THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO, which Vance also narrated, reunites […]
From AudioFile Magazine:The art of detection was in its infancy when the murder of 3-year-old Saville Kent rocked Britain’s sensibilities. The child’s body was found on the family’s estate, stuffed down the servants’ outdoor privy. It was a week before DI Jack Whicher of Scotland Yard was called in to investigate. Summerscale uses excerpts from […]
From AudioFile Magazine:Iain Pears unravels the story of an English arms supplier whose mysterious death (and mysterious wife) intersect with twentieth-century history. This lengthy story proceeds in a backwards chronology, starting in England in 1909 (after a prologue set in the 1950s), moving to Paris in the 1890s, and then to Venice in 1867. Like […]
- Beast by Paul Kingsnorth March 9, 2018
- The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame November 30, 2017
- The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly November 19, 2017
- It’s going to be a whimper, not a bang – sorry! November 18, 2017
- It’s Good to Cry November 17, 2017
- Nicolette Taylor: This series comes alive with Mr. Vance’s narrati...
- steve: I've been waiting for my preorder of The Burning ...
- Trish Kuleto: Dear, Mr. Vance, I listen to all the Ruth Downie ...
- Julie: I love your audio books and going to sleep at nigh...
- Nick: Simon, I am on my 4th book of the Dune series. ...