From AudioFile magazine:This classic about young Pip’s aspirations to become a gentleman and wed Estella and fate’s different designs for him is familiar to many as a television drama and a movie. Simon Vance brings a whole new dimension to the story as he imbues each character with a unique voice, and with exquisite diction […]
From AudioFile Magazine:Two complex stories are woven seamlessly together—first, the mysterious disappearance 20 years ago of the daughter of one of Sweden’s wealthiest families, and second, a tale of financial corruption and libel. Mikael Blomkvist, investigative journalist, and Lisbeth Salander, a genius hacker with a past, are the two central characters, with many more playing […]
From AudioFile Magazine:UNDER ENEMY COLORS is a triumph. Set aboard a frigate at sea off the coast of France at the height of British naval power, this gripping novel combines a simple war story with a tale of infuriating office politics, cowardly leadership, and one man’s struggle to remain loyal to his king, an inept […]
From AudioFile Magazine:More effectively than a time machine, this extraordinary nonfiction book, expertly read by Simon Vance, transports listeners to sixteenth- and seventeenth-century London and the life of William Shakespeare. Shakespeare is 40, writing his great plays, and living in rented London lodging during the theater season. When he gives evidence in a court case, […]
From AudioFile Magazine:Hilarious! Delicious! This deftly plotted mystery is filled with art and French food and delightful heroines and heroes. (Or are they thieves?) Author Noah Charney’s knowledge of the art world is extensive—he headed the first international think tank on art theft—so this romp is not only entertaining, but educational as well. Even better […]
From AudioFile magazine:A blistering winter voyage, complete with scurvy, starvation, and thrilling adventure, is the focus of this powerful and beautifully realized tale of exploration on the high seas. Simmons’s writing is so vivid that narrator Simon Vance need only deliver the material with a clear and firm reading to capture the interest of listeners. […]
- Beast by Paul Kingsnorth March 9, 2018
- The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame November 30, 2017
- The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly November 19, 2017
- It’s going to be a whimper, not a bang – sorry! November 18, 2017
- It’s Good to Cry November 17, 2017
- Simon: Thank you. I'm sorry there's no solution I can o...
- Tobbish: I really really like your versions of the James Bo...
- Melissa Hall: Just finished reading The Millennium series. I jus...
- Vadim Kochergin: Dear Simon Thanks for exceptional narration of Ki...
- Jaime: Hello Simon, I just wanted to let you know how mu...