From AudioFile magazine:This full-cast performance, augmented by sound effects and music, does justice to a classic of the science fiction genre. Dune, a complex tale of greed, the quest for power, and the indomitable human spirit, follows the development of young Paul Atreides into the messianic Muad’Dib. Euan Morton imbues Paul with an effective mix […]
From AudioFile Magazine:Wilber Smith’s saga of ancient Egypt continues. Taita, beloved advisor of the pharaoh, sets out on a quest to rid Egypt of the plagues that threaten the kingdom. Taita knows that the witch Eos is behind the troubles and that he must travel to the source of the Nile to confront her. Simon […]
From AudioFile Magazine: Want to learn more about a country that will increasingly impact our lives for years to come? Ride along with Gifford as he travels from Shanghai to Kazakhstan on China’s longest road. You’ll think it’s the writer himself talking–so closely does Simon Vance approximate his age, British nationality, and dexterity with the […]
From AudioFile Magazine: Priest’s remarkable novel won the World Fantasy Award in 1996. Now it’s been produced as an audiobook every bit as remarkable. Simon Vance provides the voices of two late-nineteenth-century warring professional stage magicians: Alfred Borden and Rupert Angier. The entire novel is told through journal entries by these two prestidigitators. Hearing Vance […]
From AudioFile Magazine: This is a fleshed-out story of Samson that you won’t find in the Bible. Believing that he is a messenger of God, Samson slaughters and maims hundreds of the enemies of his people and sleeps with countless women as the body count rises. Delilah’s persistent attempts to get Samson to reveal the […]
From AudioFile Magazine: The incomparable Simon Vance parses Anthony Trollope’s famously circumlocutory, phrase-filled style with aplomb in this first of the Barsetshire novels. In it, we follow Mr. Harding, the kindhearted warden of an old men’s poorhouse, who is caught between his ambitious, conservative son-in-law and a reform-minded young man who wants to become his […]
- Beast by Paul Kingsnorth March 9, 2018
- The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame November 30, 2017
- The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly November 19, 2017
- It’s going to be a whimper, not a bang – sorry! November 18, 2017
- It’s Good to Cry November 17, 2017
- Simon: Thank you. I'm sorry there's no solution I can o...
- Tobbish: I really really like your versions of the James Bo...
- Melissa Hall: Just finished reading The Millennium series. I jus...
- Vadim Kochergin: Dear Simon Thanks for exceptional narration of Ki...
- Jaime: Hello Simon, I just wanted to let you know how mu...