From the Publisher:
At the Tabard Inn, thirty travelers of widely varying classes and occupations are gathering to make the annual pilgrimage to Becket’s shrine at Canterbury. It is agreed that each traveler will tell four tales to help pass the time and that the host of the inn will judge the tales and reward the best storyteller with a free supper upon their return.
Thus we hear, translated into modern English, twenty-some tales, told in the voices of knight and merchant, wife and miller, squire and nun, and many more. Some are bawdy, some spiritual, some romantic, some mysterious, some chivalrous. Between the stories, the travelers converse, joke, and argue, revealing much of their individual outlooks upon life as well as what life was like in late fourteenth-century England.
Martin Jarvis as Chaucer
Jay Karnes as the Knight
Ray Porter as the Miller, the Summoner, and the Monk
John Lee as the Reeve, the Physician, and the Nun’s Priest
Malcolm Hillgartner as the Cook, the Merchant, the Pardoner, and the Canon’s Yeoman
Ralph Cosham as the Lawyer
Amelia White as the Wife of Bath
Mathew Wolf as the Friar, the Squire, the Sailor, and the Manciple
Simon Vance as the Clerk
Kenneth Danziger as the Merchant
W. Morgan Sheppard as the Franklin
Carolyn Seymour as the Prioress
Rosalyn Ayres as the Second Nun
Mark Bramhall as the Parson
The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer
From the Publisher:
About SimonSimon is an actor who found his way into audiobook narrating as a side-gig and seems to have made a success of it. With some training as an actor as a child (just a couple of hours a week, but it stuck) and 15 years working inside the BBC (ending up as one of the presenters/newsreaders on BBC Radio 4 in London) he found the ideal combination for an audiobook narrator. Found his way to California two decades ago and never left.
Sign up for the Mailing List
Sign up to get the latest posts right into your inbox. Enter your email below and confirm and you'll be set.
- Beast by Paul Kingsnorth March 9, 2018
- The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame November 30, 2017
- The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly November 19, 2017
- It’s going to be a whimper, not a bang – sorry! November 18, 2017
- It’s Good to Cry November 17, 2017
- Rebecca: I am a huge fan!!!! Thank you for your work!...
- Martin: Generally very well narrated, especially for Mike...
- Daniel Bub: Dear Mr Vance, I very much enjoy listening to you...
- Tom Weisrock: Mr. Vance, If it still exists anyway - the New Yo...
- Nicolette Taylor: This series comes alive with Mr. Vance’s narrati...