This was my second Audie win and I was more than happy to share the honors with an excellent team of narrators: Scott Brick, Orlagh Cassidy and Euan Morton amongst others. Had ‘The Terror’ been victorious that would not have been entirely due to my narration either as it was nominated for best abridgment (one of the few abridged novels I have recorded).
2008 Audies – Can’t take all the credit
About SimonSimon is an actor who found his way into audiobook narrating as a side-gig and seems to have made a success of it. With some training as an actor as a child (just a couple of hours a week, but it stuck) and 15 years working inside the BBC (ending up as one of the presenters/newsreaders on BBC Radio 4 in London) he found the ideal combination for an audiobook narrator. Found his way to California two decades ago and never left.
Sign up for the Mailing List
Sign up to get the latest posts right into your inbox. Enter your email below and confirm and you'll be set.
- Beast by Paul Kingsnorth March 9, 2018
- The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame November 30, 2017
- The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly November 19, 2017
- It’s going to be a whimper, not a bang – sorry! November 18, 2017
- It’s Good to Cry November 17, 2017